this weeks update

Few things have happened this week

after we got some fish from Royal Quays 15 fish we lost 13 of them looks like white spot hit the tank. so to keep eye on this we have setup Guppy Cam

http://nogarth1982.myftp.org/picture/1/frame/

and also to fight this we also went and spoke to Ashley at A.M Aquatics Team Valley see if he can help us out with a quarantine tank. he’s done a good job sorting us out.

 

On top of that we have also setup Fry Cams as well

http://nogarth1982.myftp.org/picture/2/frame/

http://nogarth1982.myftp.org/picture/3/frame/

 

so we can keep on on them. next 2 tanks are in prep 1 for the kids and the quarantine tank as well.

 

we also bought one of these

 

Echinodorus Cordifolius

and

Cabomba plant
excellent for the fry

 

guppy feeding time.



Map

A.M Aquatics

All my guppys have came from here reviews later with photos of the place.

New fish to the family




Sodium Thiosulfate

Obtain a clean one gallon jug. Dissolve the 500 grams of Sodium Thiosulfate in a large pitcher of lukewarm tap water. Stir until all the crystals are dissolved. Then transfer the solution with a funnel to the gallon jug. Top off the jug to make a full gallon of stock solution. •Add 2 drops of the stock solution per 1 gallon of the water to be treated. •One gallon can treat 37,850 gallons or more. Over-dosage is virtually impossible.

Monitor and lights

Well monitor  arrived and now mounted 

image

Also setup some green lights inside for the marquee 

image

So far not looking too bad.

well after some advice from another Builder they recomended a Continuous hinge for the control panel to the cab so 1 purchased.

Continuous Hinge

bought off Fleebay cheap but B&Q sell these as well. So with that added it was all screwed in with 16MM screws they just poped through the panel but they are not noticeable and wont be once painted. to keep it in place Magnetic blocks were added to the top to keep it closed but i might add another brown block to the side just for that extra support.

2015-08-20 19.08.452015-08-20 19.08.372015-08-20 19.08.182015-08-20 19.08.13

Well today we start the build.

2 arcade cabs from rich
100 brown blocks
20 magnetic blocks
200 16mm 3.5 screws
200 20mm 4.0 screws
200 25mm 4.0 screws
Chrome trim

So we start with lauras cab first 

image

Cabnets delivered big one mine small one lauras

This is the delivered  package nice and secure.

image

Front, control panel, and top

image

Side panels

Parts to build

image

First block on to start aligning  up.

image

Half built

As you can see the bottom has 12 brown blocks on to secure it and alternating  the positions after each one. Using 20mm screws to hold it together. Once complete a skim of grab glue will be applied to strengthen  the build. On the back i have attached 2 magnetic  blocks so the rear is removable and easy to access the for the components.